Marital and Couples Counseling: Set Your Relationship Up For Success
Congratulations on your engagement! This is a big transition and decision that shapes the course of your life.
At River Lake Clinic we work with you to manage and understand the new expectations and pressures for yourself and your partner as you contemplate the future of your partnership. The identity shift of becoming married impacts couples on such a deep level that it often wakes up old fears and pains related to commitment, loss of freedom, identity, and power.
Dr. Sandra will help you explore and develop tools to navigate some of the important dynamics for couples in this process:
- Learn how to be close not lose your self-identity
- Explore how honoring differences can enrich your relationship
- Learn how not to give up yourself & your interests
- Discover what is important to you and your partner intimately and how to keep the connection and play alive
- Increase communication awareness
- Learn how to positively discuss your needs and ask for it more directly from your partner
- Understand the ways your inner script may trigger you to become reactive with your partner
- Learn how to come to terms with the things you wish were different about your partner but will probably never change
- Rather than trying to get love, learn the skill of active loving
- Practice choosing each other and being partners on the same team
Contact us today to learn more about our Pre-Marital and Couples Counseling program. We proudly serve patients in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, and surrounding communities.