Psychotherapy for Individuals & Couples
At the River Lake Clinic our licensed psychologist can help both individuals and couples in psychotherapy. Through psychotherapy, Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen will help people of all ages’ live happier, healthier and more productive lives.
In psychotherapy, we apply procedures to help people develop healthier, more effective habits. We use many approaches to therapy including cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal and insight therapy.
Building a Relationship with You That Works
Psychotherapy is a collaborative treatment based on the relationship between you and Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen. Dr. Sandra will help you to navigate life’s challenges in a supportive environment. It is her goal to help you to verbalize openly in a nonjudgmental atmosphere. Together you will work collaboratively to determine, adapt and develop a new mindset and behavioral actions to help you develop the needs and goals you want.
Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen will strive to help you seek resolution to the issue or situation that brought you into the clinic. She will empower you with new skills to help you better cope with the situation.
We find that when individuals and couples first approach us they are often nervous. It’s her goal to help you overcoming that nervousness and seek results.
Signs that you/ you and your partner could benefit from therapy include:
- You are getting married and are looking to set yourself up for long-term success.
- You feel an overwhelming, prolonged sense of helplessness and sadness.
- Your problems don't seem to get better despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
- You have been suffering from a chronic illness that is interfering with your overall well being.
- You have experienced a traumatic event.
- You aren’t communicating in a healthy and constructive manner.
- You may be facing a breakup or divorce.
- You are facing or experiencing an empty nest.
- You find it difficult to concentrate on work assignments or to carry out other everyday activities.
- You worry excessively, expect the worst or are constantly on edge.
At our clinic we will develop a therapy plan unique to you and your situation and needs.
Contact us today and start taking control of your outlook on life with our psychology service. Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen will work with you and or your partner to navigate the challenge(s) at hand. We proudly serve patients in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, and surrounding communities.