- Plastic (CR-39): Standard ophthalmic material
- We suggest the addition of a UV Coating to protect your eyes from harmful UV Rays
- Polycarbonate: Thinner and lighter than plastic, impact resistant, and UV coated included
- Trivex: Same properties as polycarbonate with better visual index which makes a more precise and clearer prescription, also includes a UV Coating. Watch this video of the durability of Trivex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sTaIp_dfFU
- Hi-Index 1.60-1.67: A thin, lightweight option for people with high prescriptions. Ability to bend light efficiently makes it the clearest possible material for strong prescriptions. UV Coat included
- Hi- Index 1.74: The most thin, lightweight option available for those very strong prescriptions. UV Coat included
- TD2 Scratch Coating—quality scratch coating (serves as the base for premier anti-reflective coatings)
- Anti-Reflective (A/R) Coatings—improves efficiency of the lens since the light is filtered more properly through the lens. This reduces reflections and glare, reduces eye strain, improves vision, and improves the look of your eyeglasses. We recommend A/R coatings to everyone because it greatly improves your vision. We offer a wide variety of A/R coatings.
Essilor Coatings We Recommend:
Nexus Coatings We Recommend:
Filters high-energy blue and ultra-violet light using a special ocular lens pigment. This damaging light is present in all computers, televisions, and mobile devices. Varieties of coatings and BluTech lenses are available to protect your eyes from these harmful rays. Blue-light filtering technologies include:
- Prevencia: A lens coating that filters harmful blue light
- Plano (no prescription): Blu-Tech package with anti-reflective coating for indoors. Recommended to computer users who wear contact lenses or no prescription at all.
- Plano Blu-Tech transition package with A/R coating for indoor andoutdoor use.
See life in the best light with Transitions lenses. Our everyday lenses automatically adjust from clear to dark so your eyes are protected and comfortable all day long.
- Transitions Signature 7 Lenses: Photochromic technology for high reaction to sun variance and indirect light.
- Transitions Vantage: These lenses polarize as they darken and rapidly adjust to the level of outdoor glare for optimal clarity and color
- Transitions XTractive: Extra dark outdoors to protect you in the brightest conditions.
- Standard: Basic lens processed with traditional methods
- Digital or High Definition Lenses—Advanced technology guides the fabrication process which improves peripheral vision by decreasing aberrations within the lens and widening the field of view.
- Single Vision Shamir Autograph: Lenses that take into account your personal parameters, which include panoramic angle, pantoscopic tilt, and vertex distance.
- N-Toric HD: In the case of high prescriptions, these are 76% more stable than conventional lenses.
- Visual Fatigue Lenses
- Essilor Anti-Fatigue: Features a specific correction on the bottom part of the lens so your eyes can focus more effectively. Decreases visual fatigue by 50 percent, making it the best choice for comfort.
- iNitial: Special power-degression options achieve optimal fatigue reduction and improved focusing power in the lower part of the lens.
2 separate visual zones separated by definite line: distance and reading. These are rarely used anymore as most people work at varying distances, yet, they can be useful for certain patients or certain tasks. They come in a variety of sizes for the reading zone.
- D28—most common lined bifocal, gives you a 28 mm reading zone
- D35—gives you 35 mm reading zone
- D45—gives you 45 mm reading zone
- Executive—lined reading area goes across the entire bottom of lens
- Round 22—rounded top reading zone
3 separate visual zones separated by definite lines: distance, intermediate and near. These are rarely used anymore as the Progressive lenses offer distance, intermediate and near vision without distinct lines being visible and a choppy visual experience for the user of the lens.
A seamless progression of varying lens powers for all viewing distances. Best for handling varying working distances.
- Nexus NVP: Progressive Non Compensated Digital Lenses—digitally designed lenses provide a wider reading zone and more clarity throughout your lenses.
- Nexus Patriot HD: beautifully designed, inexpensive digital option for evenly-balanced distribution.
- Unity PLx: Ideal for mobile phone users and other activities that require
optimal near-viewing distance
- Shamir Element: Reasonably priced alternative to High Definition
Progressive Digital HD (High Definition) Lenses—Digitally compensated, customized lenses. Also called “free-form” technology. Digitally designed to maximize your prescription and zones of clear vision within the eyeglasses frame you choose. Benefits include wider reading and mid-range (computer), decreased distortion in periphery; improved contrast perception, color vision, and low light vision.
- Nexus Proprius HD: Compensated digital design makes a perfect balance throughout all visual fields .
- Nexus Provectus: Compensated digital design with superior, crisp distance vision without compromising the intermediate and near vision.
- Shamir Autograph II: Custom-ground lenses that takes into consideration the position of the patient’s frame and lenses as they are worn on the face.
- Shamir Autograph II Attitude: Autograph II designed specifically for panoramic-wrap sunwear or wrap ophthalmic frames.
- Unity PLxtra: These lenses have a wider range of fitting heights and provide customized clarity for a wide range of activities
- Unity PLxtreme: Perfect for wrap sunwear or wrap ophthalmic frames. These decrease peripheral distortion and increase clarity throughout the lens.
Small Environment Lenses (also known as Occupational Progressive Lenses or Computer Progressive Lenses)— are great solution for a wide variety of people who use computers often. If you experience frequent headaches or eyestrain while working on your computer, these help to significantly reduce these symptoms. These are customized to you and the environment you work in. We can design single-vision computer lenses, but often they are progressive digital lenses. For non-Blutech lenses, we suggest adding Rhythm or Prevencia A/R coating to protect your eyes from the harmful blue light of computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Nexus Professional HD: For those that require an intensive use of the near vision and the intermediate.
- Shamir Office: Provides the wearer with optimal intermediate vision up to 13 feet.
- Shamir Autograph II Office: Used “As-Worn” technology for maximum vertex distance, panoramic angle and pantoscopic tilt. With special accomodations for computer and intermediate use. Office
- Plano (no prescription) Blu-Tech Package with Anti-Reflective coating
We work with the best optical labs in the country. We have selected lens designs from the best lens manufacturers in the country including Shamir, Hoya, Essilor, and Unity. Nexus lenses are proprietary to one of the labs we work closely with. This lab provides similar designs to Shamir, Hoya, Essilor, and Unity at a lower cost.
Contact us today for questions you have about the material, coating, and type of lens that are best suited for your eyes. We proudly serve patients in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, and the surrounding communities.