Adult & Child Educational Testing
Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen at River Lake Clinic will work with you to help with adult and child educational testing.
Types of Testing Include:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Hyper Activity Disorder (ADHD)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Hyper Activity Disorder (ADHD) Testing / Learning Disabilities Testing
Some of the elements of our ADD and ADHD testing include:
- Interviews with the parents and teachers
- Learning disabilities
- Personally observing the child or adult
- Questionnaires or rating scales that measure signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD
- Psycho-Educational / Visual Assessment
It is our goal to gain a better understanding of you or your loved ones symptoms affecting daily moods, behavior, productivity, and lifestyle habits. In working with kids, Dr. Sandra Smith-Hanen will talk intensively with the parents about the signs and symptoms they have seen and experienced that has led them to seeing help. With adults, she will want to speak with co-workers, family members, children closes to the adult. It will help her to make a quality diagnosis.
To rule out other conditions, a she may ask for tests, including:
- Hearing and eyesight
- A blood test for lead levels
- A blood test for diseases such as thyroid disease
- A test to measure electrical activity in the brain
- A CT scan or MRI to check for brain abnormalities
Signs and Symptoms of ADD:
- Lack of attention to details
- Making Careless mistakes
- Difficulty staying on task
- Difficulty listening
- Trouble following directions
- Struggle to meet deadlines, finish schoolwork or chores
- Trouble organizing tasks or activities
- Avoids or dislikes doing things that take effort or concentration
- Regularly misplacing and loses things
- Easily distracted
- Difficulty using language, reading, writing, math and motor skills
Signs and Symptoms of ADHD:
- Trouble sitting still
- Continually fidgeting and squirming
- Runs or climbs at inappropriate times (primarily in children)
- Has trouble playing independently and quietly
- Always “on the go” as if “driven by a motor"
- Talks excessively and had a hard time listening to peers
- Blurts an answer before the question has been completed
- Impatient and has trouble waiting your turn
- Interrupts others
Let us assist you. We can work with you towards the diagnosis and possible treatment for ADD, ADHD and other learning impairments.
Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) Testing
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) was designed to help identify personal, social, and behavioral problems in psychiatric patients.
The testing and examination we use aids in providing applicable information to determine, diagnosis, and treat. MMPI testing is frequently used in job screening and other non-clinical assessments.
Common uses for MMPI testing:
- Criminal justice and corrections
- Disorder Evaluation for PTSD, depression and personality disorders
- Employment Candidacy for high-risk public safety positions like nuclear power plant workers, police officers, airline pilots, medical and psychology students, firefighters and seminary students.
- Medical patients and design of effective treatment strategies, including chronic pain management
- Evaluation of participants in substance abuse programs
- Support for college and career counseling
- Marriage and family counseling
Contact us today for you Adult and Child Educational Testing service. We proudly serve patients in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, and surrounding communities.